Jackie Crossan Premier Division 

Aileach FC                         3

Illies Celtic                         0

Aileach started the brighter of the two teams but had to wait until 20 minutes before they took the lead when Darren McMonagle made a

powerful run through the centre and laid the ball into the path of Dermot Doherty who controlled the ball and fired past Johnny Noone in the Illies goal.  Ilies had a great chance to get level when Liam Grant was upeneded in the box but Paddy Doherty fired the spot kick wide of the post.  Illies came close again when Dominic Coyle fired a shot from 25 yards that shook the crossbar.  Aileach doubled their advantage minutes later when Dermot Doherty crossed from the right into the path of Anthony Doherty who slotted past Noone.  On the stroke of half time Gavin Doherty finished the game as a contest when his brother Dermot squared the ball into his path and he slotted into the bottom corner.  The second half was a more tepid affair with only half chances at either end, Illies came closest when a Paul Doherty shot skimming the bar on its way over.


Carn FC                            2

Redcastle Utd                   1

The home side moved in front after 6 minutes when Christopher Diver delivered into Cade Cooke whose shot rebounded off the bar to Brandon Browne and he drilled home from 12 yards. Then Michael O’ Donnell  released Aaron Mc Carron who in turn found Browne but he blazed over when well placed. Carn continued to have the upper hand and a one-two between Diver and Cooke played in Dermot Doherty but his attempt was pushed over by Mc Cole. Shortly afterwards, a Michael Mc Dermott pass found Diver who beat two defenders but his shot from just outside the area was just over. Mid way through the opening half Redcastle started to come more into the game. Darren Harkin found Darragh Mc Conway along the left. He advanced through the home defence but his powerful shot from 18 yards was just to the left and wide. And Mc Conway was out of luck again when he accepted a square pass from Alan Clarke but he shot wide. Close to half time Carn came close to doubling the lead when Ryan Kelly got his head to Cooke’s corner but his effort was just wide. Further chances came their way after the interval. Build up play involving Shane Doherty and Diver saw Dermot Doherty’s shot saved by Mc Cole and Shane Doherty, accepting a pass from Brown, drove wide from 10 yards. Half way through Redcastle equalised. An Evan Craig delivery found Aiden Mc Laughlin and he lobbed keeper Fergal Doherty. On 70 minutes Conor Doherty’s pass found Browne and he blasted home from inside the box to restore Carn’s lead. Browne then had a succession of chances to complete his hat trick. He accepted Conor Susie’s pass but fired wide – then he failed to convert a spot kick after he himself had been upended in the area and right at the death he shot wide from 12 yards.

Glengad 2-1 Buncrana

Glengad had the first chance when Stephen Mc Laughlin broughta fine save from Paul Mc Daidin the Buncrana net, J.G. Mc Laughlin then played in Terence Doherty but his effort was wide of the upright, Buncrana’s Kieran Mc Daid had a shot held by Mularkey in the home net, Glengad took the lead on 28min when S. Mc Laughlins cross into the box was not cleared and Michael Byrne riffled in from 12 yards, Glengad then made it 2-0 on 44min when a great run by James Mc Kinney his cross into the box was blocked by O’ Loughlin if fell to Conor Barrow who crossed for S. Mc Laughlin to score, Glengad should have added a third before half time but Barrow headed wide from close range, in the second half Buncrana’s Liam Mc Carron found Kieran Mc Daid his effort was held by Mularkey, Mc daid then squares for Mc Hugh his shot shaves the post, Buncrana pulled a goal back on 86 min when Aaron Mc Daid passed to Kieran Mc Daid and he lobbed the Keeper from 18 yards, the final action sae S. Mc Laughlin pick out Christy Mc Laughlin he broke clear but Mc Daid denied him with a brilliant save

Greencastle 2-0   Culdaff

Greencastle created the first chance when Gavin Harkins effort was cleared by Eugene Mc Laughlin, Eamon Donnelly crossed for Jamie Mc Cormick his shot was blocked, then Donnelly shot over when well placed, Mc Cormick then picked out Harkin but his effort was off target, Culdaff’s Bryan Mc Candless then broke and crossed for Aiden Cunnigham who’s header brought a fine save from Dillon Doherty in the home goal, then Doherty saved with his legs from Cunnigham Christy Hegarty@ shot crashed off the crossbar and Gillen headed the rebound over, Mc Cormick then had a long range effort blocked, Culdaff’s Cunnigham then had 30yd shot cleared by Henry, Stephen Grant skipped past 2 players and was brought down Donnelly drove the free over, Harkin then picked out Christy Hegarty who brought a fine save from Darragh Mc Laughlin, Mc Candless then shot wide and Mc Cormicks 25 yard effort sailed past the upright. Into the second half and Mc Cormick had a good effort saved by Mc Laughlin who then saved a shot from Ciaran Moore and then tipped a Moore header over the bar, Mc Laughlin was kept busy dealing with efforts from Donnelly and Mc Cormick, Culdaff’s Thomas O’ Brien had a effort cleared by D.J. Canavan and James Henry shot wide at the other end, a long ball ot of Culdaff’s defence found Cunnigham his snap shot was held by Doherty, Greencastle took the lead on 77 min when Mc Cormick crossed for Christy Hegarty to turn and fire high to the top corner of the net, Cunnigham brought another fine save from Doherty in the home goal, then Doherty dealt with efforts from Culdaff’s Niall Gordon and Noel Mc Laughlin before Greencastle made the points safe with another Hegarty goal

Strand Hotel Division One  

QPS                                   5

Buncrana Res                   0


A superb first-half performance steered Quigleys Point Swifts to victory over Buncrana Hearts in Muff on Sunday.

The home side were lively from the first whistle, playing at a high pace and forcing the visitors to defend deep. Shaun Downey opened the scoring for Swifts on ten minutes, finishing into the top corner from eight yards after a lovely one-two with John McCloskey. Two minutes later their lead was doubled when Downey made a brilliant run down the right before finding Bradley Callaghan in the box, and the midfielder set himself up with a good touch before angling a fine effort into the right corner.The Swifts ramped up the pressure on a shell-shocked Buncrana and a quick-fire double from Fionnbharr Harley doubled their lead again. The first, on twenty-three minutes, was a goal of real quality. McCloskey held the ball up well under pressure before finding Harley on the edge of the Buncrana box, and the midfielder curled a beautiful twenty-five yard effort into the top right corner. A minute later, Harley and McCloskey combined well again in the Buncrana box before Harley slotted the ball into the bottom corner past keeper Alan Friel.The hosts continued to play at an impressive tempo with Buncrana struggling to make any impact on the game. On thirty-nine minutes, McCloskey made it five when he was played through from a high ball before rounding an onrushing Friel and tapping in. McCloskey had two more chances to extend the lead before half-time, denied first by a good save from Friel before being denied by the post on the stroke of half-time.To their credit, Buncrana started the second half much better, and on fifty-one minutes Michael Doherty should have scored but dragged his effort wide from eight yards after being played through by a superb cross-field pass. Both sides continued to push but were chances were few and far between, with Swifts seemingly content to sit on their comfortable advantage and Buncrana showing valiant effort. With five minutes left, Ben Bradley came close to grabbing a consolation goal for the visitors but his effort was tipped on to the crossbar by substitute goalkeeper Liam Lyons. Caolan McColgan then almost made it six for the Swifts but Friel did well to tip his shot over the bar. In the dying seconds Dale Kerr’s long free-kick almost crept in but Lyons was alert to clear the danger and secure a clean sheet for the home side.



Rasheney FC               4

Aileach Res                  1  

Rasheney enjoyed the upper hand throughout although Aileach were first to show when Stephen Doherty latched onto a pass from Sean Mc Hugh but he shot wide. The home side moved ahead after 8 minutes when a cross from Darren Coyle fell to Ryan Doherty and he fired home from ten yards. Coyle then got in on the scoring act himself when he powered home Damien Friel’s corner. And they came very close again after the half hour mark when Doherty’s header hit the post before being gathered by the keeper. Just after the resumption Aileach passed up chances to get back into the match. Doherty should have scored when well placed, home keeper Kieran Friel saved a Mc Hugh shot and Aaran Harkin put in a saving tackle when Darren Bradley threatened. On 76 minutes Rasheney made it 3 – 0 when Coyle flicked on John Mc Laughlin’s cross for Tyler Mc Bride to score and Mc Bride scored again when he ran on to a Mc Laughlin over the top ball and found the net. At the other end O’Donnell had an effort pushed wide by Friel but the away side did get a consolation near the end when Doherty ran onto Bradley’s delivery to drive home.

Dunree Utd                   2  

Sea Rovers                    2


Both teams remain at the bottom of the table as it ended all square in St. Egney’s Park. In an uneventful first half the highlight came on 35 minutes when Thomas Mulhern turned sharply in the box and laid the ball off to Peter O’ Neill who tapped to the net from close to goal. The second goal arrived on the hour mark and saw the home double its lead. Mulhern again was involved when he squared the ball to Daryl Moran who in turn laid off to Liam Baldrick and he drove home low to the bottom corner from 15 yards. The visiting side got themselves back in the game with a quarter of an hour remaining. Oisin Mc Gonigle advanced into the Dunree half, cut inside and let fly from 35 yards with his strike finding the top corner to make it 2 – 1. With 5 minutes of the match to go Sea Rovers equalised when a free kick was headed home by William Doherty. The home side came closest to a winning goal near the end when Moran’s shot clipped the bar.


Inishowen Engineering Division Two 

Redcastle Res                4  

Dunree Res                    1


In the early stages of the match Dunree created opportunities and Michael Grant twice tested home goalkeeper Michael Mc Cole but he reacted well on both occasions – pushing a low shot and then a header following a free away for corners. The home side took the lead half way through the opening period when Ronan Hoy scored from the edge of the box after being set up by Brendan Murphy. Terry Mc Colgan was then denied at the expense of a corner. Dunree equalised when Reece Davenport brought down Eamon Fullerton inside the area with Martin Mc Dermott converting from the spot. However Davenport redeemed himself somewhat just before the interval when his shot from 20 yards found the net. After the break Dunree pressed strongly and Fullerton was out of luck twice and following an attack along the right, Neil Moran sent a good shot just past the post. But the home side made it 3 – 1 when Hoy scored his second after again being set up by Murphy and the scoring was complete when Ben Faulkner found the net from close range after a goalmouth scramble.


Illies Res                          1

Greencastle Res              3


Greencastle had a dream start and they moved ahead in the first minute when a poor back pass was seized upon by Joe Doherty and the veteran striker was able to tap home. The home side tried to get back on terms and created openings of their own. On 10 minutes Keith Elliot Mc Kinney got on the end of a Shane Devlin cross but his header failed to hit the target. Then, on the half hour mark, another Devlin cross was delivered into Liam O’ Connor but his header was wide. The away team doubled its advantage on the stroke of half time. Newly re-signed Ronan Doherty crossed in from the right wing and Shaun Cavanagh headed home. Illies exerted pressure early in the second half. A good opening fell to Ronan Hegarty but his effort only found the side net when he should have done better while shortly afterwards Joe Mc Daid blazed over. They did eventually pull one back when Martin Donaghey’s good work on the left set up John Pio Donaghey and he scored from 12 yards. However, Greencastle restored their two goal lead in the final minute when Joe Doherty was fouled in the box and Daniel Rowan drove home from the spot.


Aileach Youth            0

QPS Res                     0


The top two served a great contest with a draw a fair result at the end.  Aileach started the brighter but struggled to find a way past the QPS rearguard.  Pol McGrory came as close as anyone in the opening exchanges with the shot from 25 yards that was well saved by David Bell in the QPS goal.  On twenty minutes, Aileach got a great chance when Paddy Curran was too sharp for the QPS defender and he brought him down for a penalty.  Curran dusted himself down and fired his shot to the bottom right corner but Bell guessed correctly for a fantastic save, the rebound bounced back to Curran but Bell got up smartly to block the follow up.  On 30 minutes, Mark Bell released Joe Johnstone who looked like he was about to round Clarke in the home goal but Clarke stretched out a left hand to gather the ball.  Aileach held the edge over the next ten minutes with Ryan Wilson and Curran both off target.  Right on half time Mark Bell advanced from midfield and fired a shot across Clarke which hit the post before rebounding back to an Aileach defender to clear.  Into the second half and a Pol McGrory pass set Darren Bradley away down the right but he fired past the post when well placed.  In the final twenty minutes both teams went at it hammer and tong to find the winner. Firstly the elusive Johnston made a great run and pulled a great ball back but Matthew McDermott cleared the danger.  Then it was Aileach’s turn when Aaron Doherty released Ryan Wilson who slid the ball past Bell but also just past the far post.  QPS came back at it again when a corner eluded everyone except Mickey Morrison who cleared off the line at the back post.  The point had the final chance of the game when Bell’s shot was charged down by Stephen O’Donnell and Jack McConalogue’s follow up was headed over the bar by Mervin McGowan.  Both teams should be commended for a great hard fought game.




Date Time
18/11/2018 5:52 pm

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

Inishowen Football League HannonGreene Fr O’Gara Cup awards:
Michael McCole Redcastle FC receiving winners award from Mary Hannon, Sponsor and Ronan Hoy, winner of the Man of the Match award
at back: FAI President Gerry McAnaney and League registrar Jude McCrossan

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

Inishowen Football League Services to Football Award –
Winner: Joe McLaughlin (Seated centre) with Gerry McAnaney FAI President (left) and Terence Hegarty (Inishowen League)
Back: Committee members – John McLaughlin – Gerard Davenport – Jude McCrossan – Diarmuid O’Brien

Inishowen Football League Services to Football Award –
Winner: Joe McLaughlin (Seated centre) with Gerry McAnaney FAI President and Joe’s wife Kathleen

Read More

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

Inishowen Football League Jackie Crosan Premier Division awards
Nigel McMonagle, Greencastle Fc captain receiving the Top Goalscorer award from FAI President Gerry McAnaney and James henry receiving the Player of the Year award. included is Shane Crossan (Sponsor)

Inishowen Football League Jackie Crosan Premier Division award
Nigel McMonagle, Greencastle Fc captain receiving the award from FAI President Gerry McAnaney and Shane Crossan (Sponsor)

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

Inishowen Football League Inishowen Engineering Division 2B awards:
Benny Hegarty, Aileach Youths receiving winners award from FAI President Gerry McAnaney and League PRO Terence Hegarty

Inishowen Football League Inishowen Engineering Division 2a awards:
Andrew Gallagher, Sea Rovers, Player of the Year and Shane Skelly collected the Top Goalscorer trophy on behalf of Ronan Doherty, Carrowmena FC from FAI President Gerry McAnaney and League registrar vice-chair Gerard Davenport

Inishowen Football League Inishowen Engineering Division 2a awards:
Jack Soal, Buncrana Hearts Res. receiving winners award from FAI President Gerry McAnaney and League registrar Jude McCrossan

Inishowen Football League Strand Hotel First Division awards
Patrick McLaughlin receiving the Top Goalscorer award on behalf of Jack McLaughlin Culdaff FC and Michael McElroy, Aileach Reserves Player of the Year receiving the awards from FAI President Gerry McAnaney and sponsor Patsy McGilloway

Inishowen Football League Strand Hotel First Division awards
Gareth McElroy of Aileach Reserves receiving the trophy from FAI President Gerry McAnaney and sponsor Patsy McGilloway

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

Inishowen Football League Charlie O’Donnell Memorial Cup awards:
Bernard Gubbins Nephwe of Charlie O’Donnell seated centre) presenting the trophy to Michael McElroy, aileach Reserves. Gareth McElroy (left) was Man of the Match
at back: League vice- chair Gerard Davenport, Gerard Arbuckle, Aileach Manager and FAI President Gerry McAnaney.

Read More

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

James Gillen (seated centre) with the Ulster FA Junior Shield for 2021-2022. Also seated – Terence Hegarty and John McLaughlin
Back: Gerry McCananey (FAI President) and Herbie Barr (Ulster FA Administrator)

Ryan Doherty (Buncrana Hearts) (seated centre) with the Ulster FA Junior Cup for 2021-2022. Also seated – Terence Hegarty and John McLaughlin
Back: Gerry McCananey (FAI President) and Herbie Barr (Ulster FA Administrator)

Inishowen Football League Donegal Signs Reserve League Shield awards:
Peter Mclaughlin, Sponsor, seated right and Peter McLaughlin Jnr (seated left) presenting the shield to Caomhan Doherty Buncrana Hearts (Centre) and
at back: Terence Hegarty, League Pro and Oran McBride, Buncrana Hearts, Man of The Match, and FAI President Gerry McAnaney

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

Members of the Inishowen Football League Committee making a presentation to FAI president Mr Gerry McAnaney
From Left: John McLaughlin – Gerry McAnaney – Diarmuid O’Brien – Jude McCrossan – Gerard Davenport – Terence Hegarty

Inishowen League Presentation Dinner Photos

Members of the Inishowen Football League Committee with FAI president Mr Gerry McAnaney who made a presentation to league secretary Diarmuid O’Brien
Back: John Mclaughlin – Gerard Davenport – Terence Hegarty – Jude McCrossan
Seated: Gerry McAnaney – Diarmuid O’Brien – Philomena O’Brien

End of Season Match Reports

Thursday 26th May 

Knockalla Caravans Cup  Final

Bonagee Utd 3

Aileach  FC 1

After coming up just short in the Jackie Crossan Premier Division and losing to Buncrana Hearts on penalties in the Ulster Junior Cup final, Emmet McLaughlin’s Aileach will finish the season empty-handed after falling to defeat to Ulster Senior League runners up, Bonagee Utd at Maginn Park on

Read More