Match Reports Sunday 7th November

FAI Junior Cup
Kildrum Tigers 2
Glengad United 0
Glengad exited the FAI Junior cup after a tough battle in Kildrum on Sunday.
In an uneventful first half on a heavy pitch there were no chances at either end

, with defences on top and the majority of the half played out in the midfield
area.Kildrum broke the deadlock on 48 minutes when a Kevin McHugh free
kick from the edge of the area was superbly parried by Daniel Mullarkey but
the ball fell kindly for Daniel Clarke to slot home. They increased their lead on
the hour mark after a quick free kick released Clarke who held off a defender
and fired low to the corner from sixteen yards. Glengads cause was not helped
when Stephen Harley received a second yellow card in the 70 th minute. Good
work by Terence Doherty saw him cut inside a defender and unleash a shot
which was tipped onto the bar by Michael Lynch and the home side saw the
game out to advance to the open draw stage.

Jackie Crossan Premier Division
Clonmany Shamrocks 0
Greencastle FC 3
Greencastle started this game at a rate ok knots pinning the home side back.
Nigel McMonagle intercepted a poor back pass in the opening minute but his
effort was clawed away by Patrick Harkin in the home goal. Harkin denied the
same player with his feet moments later after Jamie McCormick had sent
McMonagle clear. On 21 minutes Jack Coyle won possession and advanced to
chip the ball over Harkin but Liam Hirrell cleared off the line. Minutes later
McMonagle turned provider crossing for McCormick who poked wide from
close range. The game was held up then for an injury to Greencastle midfielder
Coyle who collided with the hoardings and had to be replaced. When play
resumed the visitors continued their assault on the home goal with
McMonagle crossing for Shea McLaughlin and Harkin done well to tip his effort
onto the bar. They broke the deadlock minutes before the break after

McCormick fed McMonagle who cut inside and drilled a powerful low shot past
Harkin and inside the far post. They doubled their lead three minutes after the
restart when Nathan Harkin crossed for substitute Christy Hegarty to head
home from ten yards. The visitors made it three nil on 55 minutes when
McMonagle sent McCormick clear and he squared the ball for James henry to
sidefoot home from six yards. Clonmany responded and Dean Harkin beat two
defenders on the right but was crowded out at the last moment. The same
player then beat two defenders and fed substitute Jamie Coyle but he fired
over the bar. Jake Harkin then collected a poor kick out and found substitute
Jason Devlin but he dragged his effort wide. But Greencastle saw the hgame
out to claim the points.

Carn FC 0
Moville Celtic 2
Moville had the opening chance on 8 minutes when a Pearse Doherty free kick
from 35 yards on the left found  the head of Padraic Skelly on the edge of the
six yard box but the header was well saved by Kyle Harkin in the home goal.
Moville had another chance on 20 minutes after Norbert Indka broke on the
right wing and crossed for Michael McNaught who fired wide from 10 yards.
Carn nearly broke the deadlock on 27 minutes when Cade Cooke broke on the
left wing and delivered a good pass for Cian Burke but he failed to hit the
target when well placed ten yards out. But it was Moville who took the lead on
34 minutes with a Ryan McColgan corner on the right finding Cuan Lafferty
who hit a low shot to the right corner of the net from 10 yards. They doubled
their lead a minute later after Conor Doherty broke on the left wing and
rounded the defender and hit a powerful shot to the top right corner of the net
from the edge of the 18 yard box. Moville nearly trebled their lead 5 minutes
after the break when a Conor Doherty corner on the left found Marc Bell who
shot narrowly wide from 15 yards. On 62 minutes Carn went close when a
Dylan Cooke pass from midfield found Christopher Diver on the right  wing
who beat the defender but shot high to the right and wide from 10 yards. Carn
had another chance on 75 minutes when a Lorcan Bradley long pass on the
right  found Cian Burke who raced clear but his low effort was parried away
by Seamus Houghton in the Moville goal.

Aileach FC 2
Cockhill Celtic 3
Cockhill threw the premier division title race back into the mix with this
surprise victory over an Aileach side who lacked the intensity needed in the

first half and left themselves with a mountain to climb.Aileach started well and
5 minutes in Aaron Nash found himself in space on the six yard box but with his
back to goal he couldn’t sort his feet outfit and the chance was gone. On 11
minutes Cockhill took the lead when Shane Anthony Doherty broke down the
right and crossed for the unmarked Oisin McMenamin to slide the ball home
from 12yards. Midway through the half the away side doubled their lead when
Daniel Doherty converted a penalty. On the half hour it got worse for the home
side after Adam Mc Laughlin hit a wonder strike from 25yards to the top
corner giving McLaughlin no chance in the home goal. Thomas Mc Monagle
came on for Ethan Canning at half time and Aileach were immediately on the
front foot. On 55 minutes they pulled a goal back when Thomas Mc Monagle
found Caolan Doherty wide on the right and the winger cut in and fired low
past Eoin Colhoun. Five minutes later, Doherty fired in another cross for the
overlapping Dean Curran and Colhoun did well to save his point blank header
at the back post. On 80 minutes, it was three two when Shane Mc Monagle
robbed a defender and squared for Darren Mc Monagle to shoot low past
Colhouns left hand. Despite throwing everything at Cockhill in the final 10
minutes, a mixture of stout defending and poor finishing meant the home side
couldn’t come up with an equaliser.

Strand Hotel Division One
Glengad Res 2
Greencastle Youth 2
The game was played in windy conditions in The Crua and it was Greencastle
who started the better team. On 15 minutes, Matthew Harrison had the first
attempt of the game on target when he forced Michael Mc Laughlin in the
Glengad goal into a save from the edge of the area. Mc Laughlin was again
called into action when he brillianty tipped Daniel Rowan’s free kick from 30
yards over the bar. Glengad came into the game and had a spell of possession
and pressure without testing Evan Davenport in the Greencastle net.
Greencastle finished the half the stronger with Mark Murray curling effort
clipping the outside of the post before Andrew People’s made space for
himself 20 yards out to find the bottom corner and put Greencastle one up at
halftime. Glengad responded well at the start of the second half with a Gary
Kelly shot from the left just missing the far post. Fergal Doherty came off the
bench and made an immediate impact when he cut in from the left and forced
Davenport into a good save. The Greencastle keeper was again needed to save

Nathan Mc Conalogue’s effort before getting a hand to Kellys rebound to tip it
around the post. From the resulting corner, Kelly's shot was deflected wide by
Paul Mc Gonagle. Glengad’s pressure got its reward when Gary Kelly got on the
end of a through ball and found the bottom corner in the 68th minute.
Glengad then took the lead in the 86th minute when Feral Doherty gathered
the loose ball in the Greencastle box to send the ball past Davenport into the
far corner. Greencastle snatched a draw in the 90th minute when Brenden Mc
Clenaghen controlled inside the box and found the bottom corner to ensure
the game finished level.

Aileach Res 3
After an even start the home side lost Damien Barr through injury and when
play resumed the Point took the lead from a corner when David Healy headed
home at the back post. Bu the home side equalised midway through the half
when Paddy Curran raced clear but saw Oisin Burke turn his effort round the
post. However from the corner the ball broke to Curran who made no mistake.
When Curran was upended inside the area just before the break Killian
O’Rourke fired low to Burkes right to edge the home side in front. Aileach
began the second period on top with Gareth McElroy firing over before
Stephen Doherty got clear of the Point defence, poked the ball past the
advancing Burke but Deaglan Bowen got back to clear. They increased their
lead on 67 minutes after Doherty released McElroy who in turn fed Darren
Bradley and his deflected effort gave Burke no chance. The visitors rallied and
reduced the deficit when Darragh McDermott converted a penalty after he had
been impeded but the home defence stood firm to claim their eight successive
league win.

Redcastle United 6
Clonmany RES 3
Redcastle started this game very well and took an early lead when Ronan Hoy
finished well from inside the area when he got on the end of a Drew McKinney
cross . It got better on 18minutes when Ryhs Davenport found Darragh
McConway who added a second with a sublime lob over McCarron. Clonmany
rallied and reduced the deficit after Philip Devlin headed past Michael McCole
from ten yards following a Mark McLaughlin cross. But the home side
responded well and after Mc Kinney released Hoy he made it three one when
he fired low past McCarron from fifteen yards. On 41 minutes Hoy completed

his hat trick when he ran onto a through ball from Cahir McLaughlin to shoot
low past McCarron. On the stroke of half time the visitors made it four two
after a Kevin Harkin free kick fell to Mark McLaughlin and he drilled low to the
corner. But the home side sealed the points when they added two goals within
five minutes of the resumption. Firstly Drew McKinney released McConway on
the right and when he crossed McKinney was on hand to slot home before
Curran unleashed a twenty yard daisy cutter to make it six two. Clonmany got a
late consolation when Devlin advanced through the middle and slipped the ball
to Mark McLaughlin to fire low past McCole and make the final score six

Dunree United 0
Gleneely Colts 1
In a game of very few chances Gleneely scored what turned out to be the
winner on 21 minutes. Tiernan Moran in the home goal The remainder of the
half was a congested midfield battle with neither keeper troubled.Dunree
came more into the game in the second half and Jerry Farrell had a chance
when he cut inside and unleashed a goal bound effort which Ciaran Gallagher
saved. The visitors had the final chance late on when following a Dunree coner
the Clts broke the length of the field with O’Brien denied by the advancing

Inishowen Engineering Division Two
Sea Rovers 4
Carn Res 3
Rovers spurned a great early opportunity to take the lead when Damien Ward
saw hi spot kick superbly saved by Daniel McDaid in the Carn goal. But when
the rebound was collected by Declan McGonagle he too was fouled and ward
made no mistake with the second spot kick. Carn responded well and
equalised on 15 minutes after Aaron McCarron fired o the roof of the net past
Ben Collins .After good play by the visitors in midfield McCarron sent Kyran
Cantwell clear and he made no mistake with a neat finish to put Carn ahead.
Rovers responded and after a fine through ball from Keelan Doherty released
Anthony Cantwell he was denied by another superb save from McDaid. Rovers

started the second half well and got back on terms when a corner fell nicely for
Andrew Gallagher who slotted home from close range. Both Gallagher and
Anthony Cantwell for the home side went close with good efforts before
Rovers took the lead midway through the half. Keelan Doherty split the Carn
defence with a fine pass for Gallagher to race clear and drill low past McDaid.
Gallagher then completed his hat trick when he cut in from the left and scored
with a fine effort from the edge of the area. Carn responded and reduced the
deficit to the minimum when Conor McLaughlin blasted high past Collins. But
the rovers defnce held firm and they had the last chance when Conor
McGeoghaghan saw his free well saved by McDaid.

Rasheney RES 1
Clonmany Youth 6
The visitors started this game the better with both Tiernan McDonald and
Shaun McCarron seeing efforts blocked by Oliver Crouch in the home goal.
Rasheney then broke the deadlock a minute later after a long ball broke for
Trevor Doherty on the edge of the area and rounded the advancing Killian
McCarron to slot home. But the visitors got back on terms on 19 minutes after
Crouch failed to hold a corner and Luke Devlin pounced. After a scramble
developed in the home area a few minutes McDonald was on hand to fire
home from close range. Rasheney tried to reply with Doherty seeing a
powerful effort tipped over by McCarron. But from the corner Clonmany
broke quickly and McDonald fired a low angled effort across Crouch to the far
corner. Five minutes after the restart Clonmany made it five after a long
clearance from Gavin McDaid found McDonald who rounded the advancing
Crouch to complete his hat trick. Rasheney tried hard to reply with Jake O
Donnell denied by McCarron before substitute Ronan McConalogue was
unucky to see an effort crash back off the post. Aaron Porter scored Clonmany
s sixth when he converted a penalty after he had been upended in the 73 rd
minute . The remainder of the game saw little by way of goalmouth action as
Clonmany took a deserved win.

Donegal Signs Division Two Shield Quarter
Culdaff Res 2

Illies Res 4
Illies with the advantage of the wind started this game well on top with Liam O
Connor firing over and Gavin Doherty hitting the side netting with an effort.
They opened the scoring on 29 minutes after Gavin Doherty found space inside
the area to fire low past Zach Conlon to the corner. Michael Gallagher then
headed wide from a corner before on the stroke of half time the same player
fired low to the corner from fifteen yards to make it two nil at the break. Illies
had the first chance of the second half but Conlon made a fine save from a
Shane Devlin header. Culdaff rallied and reduced the deficit when after Noel
McLaughlin s initial shot was parried he reacted first to fire the rebound home.
But within minutes Illies restored their cushion when the home defence failed
to clear a corner allowing Devlin to fire to the bottom corner. Conlon then kept
his side in it with another good save from Doherty before Illies made it four
one on 69 minutes. Conlon parried superbly but Gavin Doherty pounced to
drill the rebound home. Culdaff to their credit battled well and got a goal back
when a mazy Taylor Bonner run took him into the area to drill low to the
corner from twelve yards to make the final score four two to the visitors who
advance to the semi finals.

Buncrana Res 3
Dunree Res 2
Dunree started brightly and almost went ahead on 4 minutes but Gary Breslin
fired wide with an open goal gaping. But Dunree deservedly took the  lead
when Thomas Doherty scored a close range header. Hearts battled and
equalised when Daragh O Connor scored from 12 yards after an excellent ball
in from Jack Soal. Hearts continued to be on the front foot and went ahead
when Gill fired a shot from 25 yards off the bar and O'Connor headed over the
line. Hearts went three one up on 35 minutes when O'Connor  fired in from the
edge of the box to complete his hat trick.Dunree pulled a goal back on the hour
mark when Thomas Doherty scored a header in the box after a mistake in the
hearts defence. Hearts pressed for a fourth goal and went close on a number
of time with O'Connor hitting the bar and Michael McLaughlin also firing wide.
Dunree finished the game strong but weren't able to break down the hearts

Moville Res 2
Rasheney FC 0

Moville Res caused a minor upset when they disposed for Rasheney s first
team in this cup tie at the weekend. They got off to a dream start on 5
minutes when the ball broke to Conor Lafferty on the edge of the area and he
scored with a superb lob over Peter Nelson. Rasheney responded with Charlie
Doherty releasing Ronan Shovlin but Ryan Coyle made a fine save before after
a corner fell to John McLaughlin his inswinging left footed effort crashed off
the bar. Moville were dangerous on the break and when Danny Murphy raced
onto a long ball his effort was deflected behind by Nelson for a corner. On the
stroke of half time Rasheney’s Conor McDaid blazed over when well placed on
the edge of the area. Moville began the second half well with Colin Doherty
firing over before Murphy was denied by a superb Peter Doherty tackle.
Rasheney then had a good spell and both Cormac Dillon and McLaughlin were
foiled by good saves from Coyle in the home goal. Midway through the half
Murphy flicked the ball on for Michael McCarron to race clear and shoot low to
the corner to double the lead. Rasheney pressed for the rest of the game
forcing numerous corners but failed to get past Coyle. The closest they came
was on 87 minutes after substitute David Mclaughlin s effort had goal written
all over it until Coyle made a brilliant finger tip save.

Cockhill Res 1
Carrowmena FC 5
Cockhill started the match the stronger of the two sides and deservedly went
ahead after 15 minutes when they were awarded a penalty for a handball.
Mark Gilespie took the spot kick and placed it well beyond the reach of Kyle
Dougal high into the keepers top left corner.Dougal kept Carrowmena in the
match early on with two excellent saves both from Mark Gillespie efforts
tipping one round the post and getting down well at full stretch to save low
down to his right post.Carrowmena grew into the match but young Donal Og
O'Brien making his senior debut in nets for Cockhill was equal to the task and
produced a great save to deny Tony McGlenaghan an equaliser.
Carrowmena eventually found the net equalising just before half time catching
Cockhill in possession just outside the box and Ronan Doherty made no
mistake to slot home past O’Brien. In an even start to the second half it was
Carrowmena who broke the deadlock to edge ahead 10 minutes in taking the
lead after a quick free kick that caught the Cockhill defence out and Michael
Henry left O’Brienwith no chance with a great finish. Minutes later
Carrowmena extended their lead in similar fashion with a quick corner catching

Cockhill out again and Ronan Doherty grabbed his second of the match to
make it three one.As Cockhill pushed on to try and get back into the match
Carrowmena caught them on the break twice to finish the tie with another
Michael Henry goal and one from Mark Brown.